Saturday, October 25, 2008

Looking back at summer


I was reading an Airstream forum thread and complimented a contributor on her photos of a trip to the Porcupine Mountains in the UP of Michigan. In return she commented on some of my summer photos. That and the impending snowy weather, made me go back and take another look at summer. I found a group of photos taken after a heavy, early morning hard rain. I had gone out in the mid day sun to see there had been much damage.


The Phlox were lying down with the Day Lilies peeking out from the fragrant white arch of stems.

Some of the Lilly blooms were badly damaged but others were just heavily bejeweled with rain drops glinting in the bright mid morning sun.




More images of raindrops on the garden may be seen at my Picasa album.

1 comment:

Josephine- said...

Ah pretty. :) I saw snow in your forecast, will I get in trouble if I say that our forecast for that day is 76 and sunny?