Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

It is very warm here for November 4. I have several windows wide open listening to the Robins in the yard that were singing in the early morning. Though most of the leaves are off the trees there is still a great deal of color to be found if you just look. So as I wait to go to the poles, in hopes of hitting a time without a LONG line, I took my camera around the yard and found a lot of color. There were soft pastels and bright reds to contrast with intense greens that have not given in to the onset of fall.




Voting took 45 minutes. I was number 583 but only 562 ballots had been feed through the machine. I heard at least 3 people who had spoiled their ballots and had to re-vote. Sure hope they don't run out of ballots. It is NOT hard to follow instructions. Fill in the arrows, and vote for not more than the number it tells you.

There was a really remarkably RED burning bush at the corner of the Township Hall where I went to vote. Of course I did not have a camera with me. But when I went back into town with an errand to run and took the camera with me I was disappointed. I returned to the Burning Bush to find that from 11:00 A.M. to 4:00 P. M. many of the reddest leaves had fallen and the yellower leaves were now showing through. Now the direct afternoon sun brought out the orange and it was still very bright, even if in a different shade of scarlet.

No comments: