Saturday, November 3, 2007

November 3rd


Ok so the rules of NaBloPoMo say we are supposed to post every day - - - what to post other than the weather is bright and sunny - a beautiful fall day, and that my loving husband is painting my kitchen for me?

Or maybe I will just give you this picture of a female Praying Mantis washing her "hands" before she finds just the right place to secrete her egg case. I took her picture just a few days ago on a White Pine stump. I hope she found a place that suited her as she would not have survived the hard freezes we have had the last two nights. By now her eggs should be safely tucked in their hardened foam nest that will keep them hidden until spring.


And lets include a picture of those sun bright maple leaves that were finally beginning to fall after the first freeze two days ago.




When my daughter, Tandaina , pointed me to NaBloPoMo I said - "but what will I write?" she said "you will think of something" Well this is poor fare - hopefully tomorrow will bring a better offering.

No comments: