Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Tase of What is to Come.

My first reaction was a big YUCK!!

Driving to town to buy two MORE gallons of that big name paint that is "supposed to cover in one coat", so my dear Husband can put the second coat on the kitchen today, the wind was so strong that I had to work to not be blown all over the road and the SNOW yes SNOW was wet on the windshield. Well not really so odd it IS November after all.

But my second reaction was thankfulness for the reminder that I was not waiting for a bus to come take me to town, that I could drive myself where I wanted to go; that when I returned home I would drive into a garage and not have to get out in the weather; that I HAD a snug warm home to go back too. Thankful that I have a warm coat and warm gloves. I was thankful for the beautiful, warm, long fall that we have experienced and the colorful leaves still on the trees to brighten a gray day. Thankful because cold weather is necessary to grow wonderful, crunchy, juicy, delicious Michigan apples. The trees must have a cold dormant period. That the farmers and gardeners will be blessed by far fewer cut worms to destroy their crops next spring IF we have a cold enough winter. Oh my, the blessings I can number on a blustery fall day that is just a fore taste of the real winter that is to come.

My challenge to myself and you is to add to this list - when we automatically start to complain or grumble about the weather or something else, lets try to think of our blessings. You are invited to post them here in a comment, if you wish, or on your own blog.

2 comments:

Josephine- said...

Very good post. :)

Beth said...

I should have read this before my grumble about the snow post a few minutes ago... thank you for humbling me tonight.