Saturday, February 16, 2008

Book MeMe

Whoa! I have been tagged by Tandaina, to play with the RevGals..


I also have several books that I am reading at the same time, spread all over the house. All of them are over 123 pages long. The nearest to hand is In The Spirit of Happiness by the Monks of New Skete.


Ok lets see, find Page 123.
Count down Five Sentences.
Copy out the next three.


It can be alarming, but there’s no need to despair! As Father Laurence told me the other day, ‘A monastery worth it’s salt deliberately fosters this, and anyone who refuses to deal with it can’t possibly be a monk’. Only by owning it, facing the exterior silence directly and honestly, will we ever move in the direction of inner silence, and the peace that allows us true freedom.


I find it interesting or maybe reassuring is more accurate, how much this book and Heaven Begins Within You agree. Of course the Monks of Skete are quoted in the second of these two books.


Unfortunately I have no one to tag. I know no one else in RevGals but maybe another friend of Tandaina's will be willing to play. She is the only other Blogger I know. So I tag.


Beth


1 comment:

Beth said...

LOL, both of you tagged me.. I guess that means I should do it. :)