Thursday, February 28, 2008

Leelanau

My favorite place on the planet so far is still Leelanau county. Sleeping Bear Dunes, Lake Michigan, Cherries.

I loved the mountains we visited last summer and I do want to go back and spend time there. But I would be pleased to find a way to live in Leelanau county.

I am also hooked on the Cherry Republic which is a very successful enterprise begun by a local guy in Glen Arbor. When we are in the area I have to go buy stuff cherry and chocolate and they have the most amazing cookies and ice cream. I get their email newsletter. Today there was a link to a web site, Life on the 45th Parallel, with wonderful pictures of the area. Unfortunately is does not always load the pictures very well. It is a real treat to see my summer wonderland in it's winter wonderland cloak of snow and ice.

Another site I really enjoy is Why Leelanau?, a Blog created by the Leelanau Nature Conservancy with contributions by members. Look for my pictures, they are there among many others.

No comments: