Wednesday, February 6, 2008

White on dark

There was new snow again this morning but it is mixed with rain. I am looking through a screen of raindrops on the window at a new layer to wet thick water covering everything in a sticky white layer.

I have always said I do not like winter. But if I really think about it that is not quite true. What I don't like is the cold wind that bites right through, and the slushy, salty, mess on roads and places I have to walk. And I really don't like driving on ice. But I love the snow. I wish it would just fall on surfaces I don't have to drive or walk on. I enjoy playing in it - I enjoy wading through it with my camera catching pictures of the white blanket. I love the look of the black tree branches with a white outline, of snow laden spruce branches, of odd mounds in the garden covering who knows what.



As I write this and choose pictures from previous winter storms, the snow is continuing to fall inviting me out with camera to see what new views await.

No comments: