Saturday, March 22, 2008

Lent

Today is the last day of lent. Holy Saturday. A day of waiting for the Joy of Easter. I can't say it as well as Tandaina. After a very emotional Good Friday service I am ready for Easter. We are attending the Great Vigil of Easter together this evening at a Gothic big city church with Tiffany windows and a pipe organ "to die for". The organist is a virtuoso who does world wide concert tours so the music will be "to die for". The Great Vigil is the first service of the Easter celebration, ancient in tradition, the kindling of the first light after the Light of the World was snuffed out on Friday. I am excited at the opportunity to use my Book of Common Prayer/Hymnal again as I have not been able to in several years. Traditions of a life time are hard to put aside and it will be very pleasant to share the old traditions with my daughter again.

No comments: