Monday, March 3, 2008

Spring Fever

50* this morning. No more pretty white snow. Instead puddles on the ice, dirty piles of snow on road sides with soil thrown up by the plows melting and running over the pavement. Rain pockmarking what had been the white blanket hiding what is beginning to peek out of ragged holes. It is so warm at work that we propped the back doors open to let fresh air inside the building. A sudden downpour of rain mid morning had me rushing to close the doors - oh well only vinyl floors and metal and glass doors, all will dry. When the rain quit the doors were opened again to let in the air. {I hate the way they build modern buildings with windows that can not be opened. The air is either heated or air conditioned, the same air we have been breathing for years, it seems, just recycled}. Patrons calling to ask "please let me renew my movies - I can't drive on the back roads" The rain on the packed snow has turned the roads to the slipperiest surface possible - wet ice. They decide to close school early and send the kids home. I shake my head - how does that help? Wet ice at noon or wet ice at 4:00. By afternoon the patrons are talking about the next storm on its way due Tuesday night - 9 inches of snow predicted for mid Michigan between Mt. Pleasant and I-69. That's us. Ice south of I-69.

Hey its still winter in Michigan, Spring does not arrive until Maunday Thursday this year. Three weeks away almost. But spring fever was in the air this morning we have had a enough winter this year. After all the road commission is out of road salt.

Tandaina was also thinking of Spring today.

No comments: