Saturday, March 8, 2008

Worth Watching

I work at a small Township Library - 30,000 volumes - . We have a rather extensive DVD collection, from whic I am forever taking something home and then never getting the chance to watch it. But this one I am - "Planet Earth" a documentary by BBC Video showing on TV on the Discovery Channel. It is well worth the time to watch and I am glad I got started on it. There are 5 DVDs in the set. The photography is awesome. They use helicopters as well as other high tech methods to get pictures from fascinating angles. It is a bit jumpy in parts sort of like Sesame Street but all in all it has been a very enjoyable experience so far and I fully intend to watch all 5 discs, something I have not been able to manage so far with any other extended series so far.

No comments: